Top questions and conversation starters
The more you understand about psoriasis and the various treatment options that are available, the more confident you will feel about managing your symptoms effectively. Your best starting point is to talk everything through with your doctor. Remember, they are all there to advise you and answer your questions. Not sure where to start? These questions will point you in the right direction:
The more questions you ask, the more you will know about your condition and how it should be treated.
- What type of psoriasis do I have?
- What’s causing my symptoms?
- What are my treatment options and what can I expect from them?
- How should I apply my treatment?
- How often do I need to use my treatment?
- How does it work?
- How soon might I see results?
- How long will I need to take my treatment?
- What are the possible side effects of my treatment?
- Can I combine this treatment with another medication?
- I’m pregnant/planning to get pregnant – can I still use this treatment?
- What if I want to stop taking or using it? Can I stop straight away or do I need to stop gradually?
- Do I need to make any lifestyle or dietary changes?
- Are there any patient support groups in my local area?
- Can you provide me with any information leaflets, brochures, websites or DVDs?
- Is there anything else I can do to manage my condition?
Hopefully these questions have got you thinking about the issues that matter to you. Don’t feel that you need to stick to this list. And don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to.
The more questions you ask, the more you will know about your condition and how it should be treated. This will all increase the chance of you successfully managing your psoriasis.